Royal Mail’s first time user scheme offer – for those of you new to direct mail
Sending an advertising mail campaign for the very first time, or haven’t done so in the last 24 months? Then the Royal Mail First Time User incentive is for you.
It's perfect for testing different direct mail creatives with new audiences at a lower price, targeting areas that may not have been affordable to you before. And we know that direct mail really works with 44% of consumers ranking direct mail as their favourite form of direct marketing and 88% of advertisers using mail to drive customers online.
You could earn postage credits (4p and 15p per item postage credit) for each of your first three advertising mailings with a minimum of 10,000 items per mailing. A great way to send out a teaser mail, followed by a product launch and then reminder posting for maximum marketing response rates!
When is this offer valid?
This Royal Mail trial offer is valid for first-time direct mail bookings being posted by 30th June 2017 earning postage credits between 4p and 15p per item. The value of the postage credits will be 2.5p and 9pm per item for postings made after 30th June 2017. You can send up to 3 advertising campaigns on this scheme, each of which may last for up to 2 months. Applications are open from 27th March 2017 to 31st December 2018.
Am I eligible to take part?
You are if this is the very first time you’ve mailed an advertising mail campaign or if you haven’t mailed as advertising mail against a Whistl UCID within the past 24 months. You’ll need to be Mailmark enabled, or committed to be mailmark enabled by the first of your three advertising mailings under the First Time User Incentive. Offer subject to full terms and conditions below.
How do I apply?
To apply for this offer please complete and return the attached application form, should you need assistance in its completion please contact your Whistl Account Manager who will be happy to assist. Once you are happy with your application please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What eligible services are included?
The postage credit varies dependent on format, service and weight. The range of eligible services within this offer and their associated credits are:
|Format||Royal Mail Wholesale Product Description||Weight Range||Postage Credit rate until 30th June 2017 (p)||Postage Credit rate from 1st July 2017 (p)|
|Letter||Access STD Advertising Mail 70 Mailmark||0-100g||4.0||2.5|
|Letter||Access STD Responsible Mail (ENT/ INT) 70 Mailmark||0-100g||4.0||2.5|
|Large Letter||Access STD Advertising Mail 70 Mailmark||0-100g||0.0||0.0|
|Large Letter||Access STD Responsible Mail (ENT / INT) 70 Mailmark||0-100g||0.0||0.0|
|Large Letter||Access STD Advertising Mail 70 Mailmark||101-250g||7.5||4.6|
|Large Letter||Access STD Responsible Mail (ENT / INT) 70 Mailmark||101-250g||7.5||4.6|
|Large Letter||Access STD Advertising Mail 70 Mailmark||251-500g||10.0||5.7|
|Large Letter||Access STD Responsible Mail (ENT / INT) 70 Mailmark||251-500g||10.0||5.7|
|Large Letter||Access STD Advertising Mail 70 Mailmark||501-750g||15.0||9.0|
|Large Letter||Access STD Responsible Mail (ENT / INT) 70 Mailmark||501-750g||15.0||9.0|
*Full Terms and Conditions Apply
- To qualify for this offer you must be mailing an advertising mail campaign for the very first time or haven’t mailed one within the last 24 months.
- An ‘advertising campaign’ means a single advertising campaign that is an individual or series of advertising messages that share a single idea, offer or promotion with a start and end posting date of no more than 2 months apart. As an example, this could consist of a teaser posting, product launch and reminder posting.
- Minimum order is 10,000 items per mailing.
- This Royal Mail trial offer is valid for first-time advertising mailings being posted by 30th June 2017 at 4p and 15p per item. The value of the postage credits will be 2.5p and 9pm per item for postings made after 30th June 2017.
- Postage credits of 4p and 15p per item are valid for up to three advertising mailings and can take place any time during a 12 month period.
- Must be Mailmark enabled by the first of the three mailings.
- Postings in Access must be made using a unique customer identifier known as a UCID and your company’s participating ID must also appear in the Mailmark supply chain so that Royal Mail can identify your posting volume in its systems.
- Postage credits are applicable to the actual volume posted in each offer posting subject to a maximum of the volume stated in the application form. Postage credits will not be awarded for any actual volume which exceeds 110% of the expected volume.
- See eligible services above.
- Within 6 months of the last posting date of each advertising mailing you must complete a claim for postage credit using a Credit Application Form containing details of the postings. Postage credits that are awarded will be provided to you in the form of a posting certificate which contains a unique voucher code, or if you prefer, directly into any account you may hold with Royal Mail.