Get rewarded for increasing your direct mail volume
AdMail and greenPost users, if you're looking to grow your business through direct mail at lower mailing prices then Royal Mail's 'Scheme for Growth' promotion is for you. Royal Mail are rewarding advertisers with postage credits of between 2.5p - 10.5pm per item for future mailings if you plan to post at least 250,000 incremental advertising letters over a 12 month period.
It's the first ever industry wide scheme created through a partnership between Royal Mail and other wholesale providers. This promotion pot is limited, meaning first come, first served! It really could be just the incentive your need to increase your advertising volumes with a chance to test new markets, run a teaser campaign or even launch new products.
What is Royal Mail’s Scheme for Growth?
Royal Mail has introduced a postage credit scheme which will lower prices for Whistl customers who use mail to advertise. The scheme is designed to help you test new markets and marketing approaches or add to your existing campaign with a new mailing, teaser or follow-up mailing. The scheme rewards senders that grow their advertising mail volumes over a 12 month period – regardless of whether you post though Royal Mail, an Access operator or another postal delivery provider.
What are the benefits?
- The scheme is to encourage the growth of direct mail at lower prices so you get a better return on marketing investment.
- In additional to the benefits of the direct mail campaign itself you earn credits for future campaigns.
- The scheme offers credits to advertisers of between 2.5p-10.5p per item on all incremental advertising mail posted during a 12 month period.
Who is eligible to use the Scheme?
- Anyone intending to post at least a minimum of 250,000 incremental mail items in the 12 month incentive period.
- Qualifying incremental mail items must be verified by Royal Mail.
- The incremental volume can either be Letter or Large Letter.
- The incremental volume has to be posted either using the Advertising or Greenpost services and may be used with both manual and mailmark items.
If successful, how do I post my Scheme for Growth mailing via Whistl?
You follow the usual process of sending mail via Whistl. You must, however, ensure that you send your mailing using the same UCID (or 5 digit Client ID) that you submitted in your successful application.
How are postage credits calculated and how do I redeem them?
- Once you have sent your mailing, you will be required to send Royal Mail information on the volume of incremental items posted as a result of your campaign and date of posting.
- Postage credit depends on the mailing format, item format and weight.
- If you reach your anticipated volume increase above the agreed baseline then you’ll be issued a credit. Please review your volumes 6 months into the scheme and provide updates if the volume has changed from the original agreed increase.
- Within 6 months of the end date of your 12 month period, you need to complete a Postage Credit Application detailing each of your new incremental postings and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org writing ‘Postage Credit Application’ in the subject bar. You’ll receive your credits within 45 days as a ‘unique voucher code’ via email to use within 12 months.
When can I apply for the Scheme?
- The scheme is officially launched as of now and therefore you can start sending in applications today. Applications will be accepted up to 30th April 2018.
- The earlier you sign up, the earlier you can start mailing your incremental volumes.
How do I apply?
To apply, please download the application form. Don’t forget that your Whistl account manager can help you complete this.
How do I find out more?
Read Royal Mail’s Scheme for Growth – a simple guide.
Download the Scheme’s Terms and Conditions.
Contact your Whistl account manager for help or further information.
For more general information visit www.royalmailwholesale.com/schemeforgrowth