Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before using our website
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://www.whistl.co.uk (“our site”).
Who we are and how to contact us
Our site operated by Whistl UK Limited ("we"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 04417047 and have our registered office at Meridian House, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1TB. Our VAT number is GB 991 2657 87.
We are regulated by OFCOM in relation to the postal services that we provide.
We are a member of the DMA, IPM, Print Power, ELMA, RHA and the MCF.
Our ICO Registration number is: Z692857X.
Our contact details are: 01628 891 644
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to or for any content provided by users of our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials provided by other users please contact us on 01628 891 644.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Our site is for business to business users and so should not be used by consumers.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in the contract that we have in place with you.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (i) use of, or inability to use, our site or (ii) use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site. In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
Acceptable usage of our site
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt (i) any part of our site, (ii) any equipment or network on which our site is stored, (iii) any software used in the provision of our site, or (iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The following content standards apply to any and all material which you put onto to our site. The standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our discretion, whether any content breaches these standards.
All content must be accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
In addition content must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that it emanates from Whistl, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of the acceptable usage and content standards
If we consider that a breach of the provisions relating to acceptable usage or content standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. We will consider such a breach a material breach of these terms and we may take all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Take further legal action against you.
- Disclose information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these terms.
The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our website pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact the marketing team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
These terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Our trademarks are registered
The Whistl trademark is registered as both a UK trademark and a Community trademark. The trademarks are owned by Whistl UK Limited. You are not permitted to use them without our permission.